Treat Customers Fairly Charter
The Chairman, the board and senior management are committed to deliver good financial consumer outcomes to our customers. We believe in building long-term and mutually beneficial relationships with our customers. This Charter specifies our commitment to provide the highest standards of fairness in all our dealings with our customers.
To protect the interests and financial well-being of our customers:
We commit to embed fair dealing into our institution’s corporate culture and core values
- We will ensure our employees and intermediaries are trained on the core values and desired conduct and behaviour to deliver fair outcomes to our customers;
- We will set minimum standards on fair business practices in all dealings with our customers. This includes providing financial services or products suitable to our customers’ financial circumstances and preserving the confidentiality of our customers’ information;
- We will train all employees and intermediaries attending to customers to provide quality advice and recommendation;
- We will take customers’ feedback and complaints seriously and provide immediate constructive feedback to our customers.
We commit to ensure that customers are provided with fair terms
- We will ensure that the terms in our contracts or agreements are fair, transparent, and well communicated to customers;
- We will ensure that terms and conditions set out the respective rights, liabilities and obligations clearly and as far as possible in plain language;
- We will ensure that the terms and conditions in contracts or agreements are not altered without prior notification to customers.
We commit to ensure that customers are provided with clear, relevant and timely information on financial services and products
- We will provide customers with relevant and timely information in a product disclosure sheet;
- We will disclose key product features, fees and charges, risks and benefits in a clear and concise manner;
- We will ensure critical terms are brought to customers’ attention and explained to the customers.
We commit to ensure that our employees and intermediaries exercise due care, skill and diligence when dealing with customers
- We will conduct sales, advertising and marketing of our financial services and products with integrity and will not make false or exaggerated claims;
- We will avoid or clearly disclose actual or potential conflicts of interest;
- We will implement measures, including supervision and monitoring, to ensure that our employees and intermediaries carry out their duties and responsibilities in accordance with professional ethical standards;
- We will ensure employees remuneration takes into consideration whether key performance indicators relating to fair treatment of customers have been achieved.