OD-KFK stands for Own Damage Knock for Knock (OD-KFK) claim. In the event of a motor accident and if it is not the participant’s fault, one may make an OD-KFK claim on his/her own comprehensive takaful/insurance without the NCD (No Claim Discount) being forfeited and a faster claim processing.
It’s an agreement between two takaful/insurance companies whereby, when both companies' participants/policyholders incur losses in the same covered event (usually a motor accident); each takaful operator/insurer pays the losses sustained by its own participant/policyholder regardless of who was responsible.
Note: This is determined by the circumstances of the accident and through the Police Investigation Result. The third party is mandatory to have takaful/insurance coverage in order to treat the claim as OD-KFK. OD-KFK is not applicable for hire and reward vehicle such as taxi, bus or rented car.
Duly completed Motor Takaful Claim Form
- Copy of Police Report
- Copy of Police Summons (If any)
- Copy of Participant’s NRIC & Valid Driving License
- Copy of Driver’s NRIC & Valid Driving License
- Copy of Updated Vehicle Registration Card (view sample) or Vehicle Ownership Certificate (VOC) (view sample)
- Repairer Estimates
- Copy of Company Form (Form 9, 24 and 49 - applicable if Participant is Company)
- Copy of Third Party’s Police Report
- Police Sketch Plan
- Police Investigation Results
- JPJ Search of Third Party’s Takaful/Insurance
- Signed declaration letter by Participant